Friday, August 17, 2012

August Haze, Salmon Creek



Painting #30
August Haze, Salmon Creek
7" x 5"
Oil on Canvas Board
SOLD


The Salmon Creek Trail is about two miles from my house, and it's one of my favorite places to paint. On a clear day, you can see Mt Hood, just to the right of the big tree, between the tree line in the distance and the horizon. (It's an hour and a half east) On hot, hazy August days like the day this was painted, not so much. But, hot August days also mean that when painting there, I'm surrounded by literally hundreds of thousands of blackberry bushes. And this time I brought the green Tupperware bowl along with my other paint supplies. Paint for an hour, pick for 25 minutes. Paint for half an hour, pick for half an hour. Paint for an hour, pick for 45 minutes. At the end of the painting session, my fingers are stained purple, but not from paint. My forearms and lower legs are criss-crossed with scratches, but I won't really feel them until the shower that night. When I get home, I have 4.5 pounds of blackberries and this painting. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment