Sunday, January 6, 2013

52 Weeks 100 Paintings #54 - Macarons


Painting #54 - Macarons
7" x 5"
Oil on Canvas Panel
Sold

Angela told me I had to try a macaron. I thought macarOOn. Coconut? Shaped like a haystack? Okay I guess, but not the sort of thing you go out of your way to recommend. Little did I know. Macarons are little french cookies made with ground almonds with a filling in the middle. Actually, just go to http://www.laduree.fr/en/histoire/macaron. I can't do them justice. Those featured in the painting are pistachio, white chocolate, hazelnut and peppermint, but they come in more flavors than you can imagine. Salted caramel is our personal favorite. If you're in the Vancouver/Portland area, they've got them at Pix Patisserie or Elephants Deli. If you're not in the Vancouver/Portland area and are a fan of perfect little things, Google it. Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment