Friday, November 9, 2012

52 Weeks 100 Paintings #52 Venti Americano Extra Shot No Room


52 Weeks 100 Paintings
#52 Venti Americano Extra Shot No Room
5" x 7"
Oil on Canvas Panel
Sold
 
My drink of choice at Starbucks. If the barista is feeling extra magnanimous, he/she will throw in the sixth shot of espresso. Not always, but it's a nice little extra when they do. Some people say they can't exist without their coffee. But you know what? After watching the devastation of Hurricane Sandy I'm reminded that it's most definitely a luxury. It's too bad that it takes something horrific like that to make one appreciate big important things like having a place to live and being warm and dry. I just need to remind myself to be grateful for everything, large and small. And to enjoy a Venti Americano Extra Shot No Room when I get the chance. All proceeds from the sale of today's painting will go to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog, I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job. cheap oil paintings;

    ReplyDelete